A Cry in the Dark

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

part of the appeal….

Is part of the appeal of D/s brought about because of the manners, the ritual, the protocol that people see? Is it a yearning for a return to a time when courtesy was the norm rather than the exception?

Is part of the appeal the urge to experience what they read in those wonderful trashy novels that have been so popular for years? I admit to reading just about everything Rosemary Rogers wrote in the 70’s and 80’s. The thought of being overpowered by some strong, handsome man titillated me tremendously. Was that really the beginning of my desire to submit?

There’s a part of me that would love to know just how much society influences our needs and desires. Another part of my just shrugs and thinks, “I am who I am.”


Do you think things like manners or the fantasies from reading actually draw people to D/s? Or are these just common experiences that are coincidental?

Posted by WistfulWench :: 6:41 AM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------