A Cry in the Dark

Thursday, October 04, 2007

the details really do matter....

Another posting in the saga of my understanding and accepting limits.... (Said VERY tongue in cheek!)

I was a VERY lucky girl and got a mid-week visit from Sir. As we were drinking coffee this morning, I was writing down the little list of all the things I needed to get done today. Of course, I’m talking to myself about them as I write them down.... Call about medical bill, balance check book, did I remember to generate the auto payment for the rent? Oh, crap! Better check that I paid all the bills that came in last week while I’m there. Laundry....

Me: Laundry. Two loads is OK today, right?
Him: What would make you think that?
Me: Well, the therapist said yesterday to start working back up to normal activities and it’s really only 1 load and 1 small load.
Him: And?
Me: *starting to get the not-so-subtle hint* But I have the dirty sheets to wash since we changed them last night and it’s really only one full load because the other one is small but i have to do the small load because all my sweats are dirty and i have physical therapy tomorrow and the therapist did say to..... Yes, Sir. One load.

There is a serious point to sharing this. The details in conversations DO matter. What I learned this morning is that Sir and I have a very different view point on reducing the work load and taking it easy. My definition was not cleaning the whole apartment in one day and His was doing one load of laundry. That’s a BIG difference.

I’m just glad I learned we had such different views BEFORE it got me into trouble!

Posted by WistfulWench :: 3:45 PM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------