A Cry in the Dark

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bollywood and BDSM....

MasterSpanker33 did a wonderful posting about Bollywood (**Dark Eyes and Forbidden** ) which got my mind spinning. That posting was the topic of a fantastic conversation with TCGuy58 . Things finally came into focus for me while talking about it. Alas, when I got back to my hotel, the blue screen of death showed up on my laptop and that coherency flew into the ether....

The allure of Bollywood still fascinates me. I think it’s because I see so much of that same eroticism in D/s relationships. It’s the unknown, the fantasy, calling out to the participants. With Bollywood, the sexual tension is raised and minor glimpses are given via dream sequences. Because of the taboo nature of public expression, the mildest of scenes leads to explosive imagery. After all, who is to say where that kiss will lead? What follows is limited only by the imagination of the viewer.

I find that same erotic tension even in simple day-to-day actions with Sir. When He uses my nickname or has THAT voice, it creates a flare within me. There is that same dream-like quality to the moment. Where will He take me? Are we going into those forbidden realms? So many activities that society has deemed perverted are explored and reveled in. Is that part of the excitement of going there? Because we know it is dark and dirty?

I love the way MasterSpanker33 describes Bollywood with his erotic scale schematic:

Forbidden = Quadruple the excitement
Exotic = a new treat, never opened
Repressed Sexuality = A need to release theirs and, by extension, our own
Foreign = Ecstasy never before experienced

The scale would be my own for a D/s relationship. Exploring the forbidden, which is more exotic than the norm. A release of our repressed sexuality in order to meet societal norms leads to foreign emotions.

Thank you, MasterSpanker33 for such a powerful posting. It is one that is still tumbling around in my thoughts....

Posted by WistfulWench :: 6:01 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------