A Cry in the Dark

Friday, January 04, 2008

being spoiled....

The last couple of weeks have been wonderful in many, many ways. I got to spend every day with Him while I was off from work. The holidays were fantastic, His family is great, and I got quite spoiled.

He purchased a new mattress for me this week. While I admit I need a new one, this has created an internal struggle for me. I’m so used to taking care of myself, of having to do it all FOR myself. Accepting this from Him feels like giving up another area of control in my life. Yes, He laughs and says that He wants something decent to sleep on. But I know He didn’t do it for His own comfort. It was my need that drove His decision.

So, I’m feeling spoiled in a lot of ways right now. Some of it feels good and some of it is uncomfortable. Isn’t that silly? How can I be uncomfortable by being spoiled?

Posted by WistfulWench :: 5:25 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------