A Cry in the Dark

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

trying to turn my black thumb green....

Going green seems to be the catch phrase of the moment. In my own personal effort to “go green” I have started a container garden.

Now, gardening is something I’ve always wanted to do. I’ve had some luck with flowers, but I’ve also killed my fair share of plants. I did a lot of research on container gardens and decided I was ready to take the plunge.

Sir and I went shopping and spent about $20 on pepper and tomato plants with some basil and lettuce seeds. I planted everything except the basil right away. So far, so good! I have a teensy little baby pepper on one plant and everything else is still alive! Yay me!

This is the test before we get the new house built. I’ve been asking for a garden and Sir has said I can have one. I figure I can handle it if I can get things to grown on my balcony. The difficult part is going to be deciding WHAT to grow! I’m not going to have a lot of space and keep thinking of more things to add to it. Strawberries, cucumbers, cantelope, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, asparagus (for Sir, of course!), carrots, oh, my!

At least I have some time to plan it all out. And I’m more confident I won’t kill it all!

Posted by WistfulWench :: 3:28 AM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------